Saturday 8 January 2011

A British Motoring Show

I have a confession to make. It's a confession millions of people around the world could make. I am in love with TopGear. Not only that, I have passed this love on to my parents and my children.

I love TopGear because the blokes who host it manage to seem like the kind of guys with whom I would have a beer. They bullshit and entertain while seemingly showing us (gasp) useful information about cars. They make the kind of car show I would make if I had their budget. And writers. And time.

I love the fast shiny cars but not as much as I love the dynamic relationship between Jezza, Hamster and Capt. Slow. This show makes me and my husband want to go on "TopGear" adventures around our province. It makes me want to drive fast around tight curves and narrow highways.

No comments: