Tuesday 5 June 2012

New Project

I wrote the following while debating where this should live. For now it will be here, as a way to collect my thoughts about my most complicated video project to date.

June 1st, 2012
We’re starting a new project and it feels like I should be documenting this one. Natalie and the Social Media team contacted me about doing a video of Steve doing a repair with a child. They haven’t let me know many details yet so I am not clear about the specifics but the idea is that we have a video with Steve introducing a kid to the world of household repairs as a way to show parents what is or is not appropriate for a child to help with around the house. I have mostly been concerned with researching child labor laws and compiling a thorough release form that is understandable to anyone, not just those who speak film/legalese. There is no way I will be going in to this with a proper script. I think our best bet is going to be casting a kid with natural curiosity who will ask questions and who gets along with Steve. I used this as a template for my release form. Since this project is most similar to a documentary I felt a documentary release form to be the most appropriate, and this one contained a provision for an underage participant.

No comments: