Thursday 8 January 2009

No Baby Yet



So, there is no baby yet. I am trying to be patient. I am walking every day for about an hour and doing the things the doctor told me to do to make sure I don't go past my due date. Things have started happening but very slowly. The baby has dropped, my abdomen is tighter but I'm not having contractions.

I have been feeling a little lonely and stir-crazy the last few days. The ob/gyn recommended I frequent Maggie's Place once the baby's born. I have been meaning to drop by but I'm at the point where I don't want to do too much outside the house by myself.

Maggie's Place is a family resource center aimed at families with younger children. They have breastfeeding support, a Public Health nurse, a toy library, play groups and all kinds of other fun stuff. I think that once the baby is born I will be there often.

I have been thinking about things that I want to make the baby. Here's the list of what I've already made:
- white sweater
- 3 beanie-type hats
- a onesie with v2.0 stenciled on the front
- glow in the dark stuffed stars

I want to make the baby:
- a glow in the dark moon to go with the stars
- a red hoodie with devil horns (Husband was convinced by an ultrasound picture that our baby is the devil)
- bibs (maybe made with fused plastic backing)

But I don't have the ambition to make much right now as most of my energy is focused on waiting.

Only a week and a bit left I hope!

No comments: