Friday 26 October 2012

50% of shooting video is waiting...

While I wait for my Talent to finish his "Real Job" I am working on some crafts. This Smaug-Lock is the only non-gift that I am working on, so it's the only thing I'm going to post. For now. He is based on an illustration I was given during the Hobbit craft-swap I participated in earlier this year. He's awesome. For those unfamiliar with the cast of the upcoming Hobbit movie, Smaug is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock Holmes in BBC adaptation of Sherlock. Bilbo is being played by Martin Freeman, or Dr. John Watson in the same series.

Things have been both extremely busy and kind of slow. There are days that drag on because I'm doing something boring, but necessary, such as keeping my spreadsheets up to date and there are days where it feels like I can't get any one thing accomplished because I am trying to do 5 things at once. Shooting days are both kinds of day at once. I spend a good chunk of my day waiting for The Talent to get ready but once we start shooting there are 5 things to do at once.

With our set-up I am fortunate to only have to wait for one person. If we had a bigger crew there would be more people to organize and there would probably be a lot more waiting. I'm not very good with waiting so I have these crafts and my spreadsheets to keep me "busy."

No comments: