Friday 30 November 2007

Crafts!

I finished a chicken last night. She's all fluffy and cute. I made her without a pattern. I wanted to see if I could make a toy without one, and I did! She only cost $2 to make. I bought the yarn at the dollar store, and stuffed her with a shreded plastic bag. She's sitting on my desk right now, chilling with Siggy and Miss Muffet's Spider.



Image From Dizzy Girl


I hate using patterns. I have a huge problem with being told what to do, unless it's at work or it's something where I know I need direction. I can handle being given tasks and asked to do things, but when I'm trying to be creative I like to rely on myself more than a pattern. A lot of the crochet I make is intuitive. Sure, her wings are a little lop-sided, but I think that adds to the charm. When there are minor errors like that you know that it was handmade. That, and patterns frustrate the Hell out of me.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with her. I've scrapped the elephant for now, because I've got to get some dish clothes made for Christmas. I'm going to be giving those to relatives. I've got 2 and a half pot holders made. I think I'll finish the second and make some pink dish cloths to go with it.

No comments: