For the holiday season, I've (Hootin' Anni's) started a meme. "The Twelve Questions of Christmas"
1. Christmas is _Love_. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]
2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past?
Baking with Mom, visiting my grandparents, waking up at 5am to open stockings
3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what]
Santa's always good to me, because I've never been on the naughty list. Last year I got a (very used) car, this year I got a dishwasher (my in-laws dropped it off on Sunday) I get spoiled by my MIL and Mom.
4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both?
One on Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas Day.
5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe]
Shortbread cookies with Mom
6. What is your favorite five Christmas songs/hymns?
Hark the Herald
All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth
Adam Sandler's Hanukah songs
Little Drummer Boy (David Bowie/Bing Crosby version)
7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days?
I play stockticker with the in-laws, it's new to me but they've done it for years
8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country]
Driving through snow, about an hour and a half to visit the grandparents.
9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day?
Do PJs and a Santa hat count?
10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap?
A long, long time ago, when I was a wee one I would always sit in Santa's lap, but that hasn't happened in about 20 years.
11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year?
NA we don't do a tree, the cats would eat it and we're never home for Christmas.
12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas?
I live in an apartment building. No yard to decorate, but some of the neighbors have gone all out.