Thursday 14 May 2009

Hunting for the Elusive Career...

I'm starting to think I should have begun career planning when I was still in university. I am at a huge disadvantage due to my complete and total lack of tangible skills. I have a lot of skills that are intangible, however how well can you demonstrate an ability to learn new skills on a resume? Therein lies my problem.

I am still hunting for a career. I've been offered my old job back, the one at the Portrait Studio, but I need something with more hours and more room for advancement. The job market in small town NS is slim pickings for someone with a BA and no practical skills.

I have applied for a few jobs in the 'Fax and in the F'ton area but I'm not sure if Husband wants to move, or wants to watch me commute every day. All I know is that I do not want to wait tables or work in a restaurant again. I thought I was done with that when I graduated.

No comments: