Friday 20 August 2010

Waiting

Both the babies are asleep and Husband is at work. I'm bored and lonely. I've been watching far too much CNN today. I forgot how much American news sucks. I have heard about the recent poll about Obama's faith non-stop since I turned on CNN.

I find the focus on faith that seems to obsess Americans kind of disturbing. In Canada our PM is reportedly a man of faith but we never hear about it. I don't know what any politician's believe and I'm ok with that. I think Canadians are much more private and modest than Americans about everything, including our personal faith and moral compass.

Faith should be private. Your relationship with faith should not concern anyone other than your family so long as your faith doesn't require breaking any laws. Many Americans would probably lead more peaceful and quiet lives if they were as concerned with their own spiritual health as they are about their president's.

No comments: